Well, JC (that's Jimmy Carter, our "model" ex-prez) now has his noble nobel. You know, the Peace prize awarded for keeping North Korea from going nuclear...
First thing, if you did not read it when it was first published on May 20, 2002, read Jay Nordlinger's CARTERPALOOZA!, just republished in National Review Online today.
Mr. Carter has traded on his Christian faith, Southern Baptist (ex-; I think I read he's left them because they were too Christian, or something...). But as a Christian, he has failed in his appreciation of the special role that Israel must play in our end times (as in, Book of Revelation). Carter, as President, was no friend of Israel. As an ex-President (and I blame Richard Nixon for this; hadn't been for the mess his people made, we would never have elected a liberal, southern governor or two), he has, as Mr. Nordlinger makes clear, cozied up to terrorists and their supporters -- Arafat in particular. Disgusting.
Now, in conjunction with getting the lack-o' peace price, Jimmy chimes in with his mantra, "war bad", "peace good", peace process under some multinational organization best. An example of his continuing muddled thinking is reflected by this quotation (story here):
The greater ease of travel and communication has not been matched by equal understanding and mutual respect.
Of course. We should understand and respect Saddam Hussein and other sponsors of terror. Poor babies; misunderstood. Must've been some childhood trauma.
A final quotation from Jimmy, about war:
Former President Jimmy Carter accepted the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize today with a declaration that although war might "sometimes be a necessary evil," it is always an evil, "never a good."
Well, it's been a long time since I took a course in logic, but it seems to me that an action which reduces evil is good. An action that has the opposite effect, is, well, evil. Hence, a war that prevents a greater conflagration later, thereby saving many lives, is what? I can't hear you, Jimmy, speak up...
My conscience is clear. I voted for Gerald Ford (1976) and Ronald Reagan (1980).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home